Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SOCKS

Liam has had a lot of trouble keeping his socks on. Especially the right sock. I do not think that is all that unique for babies.

Today I have him at home because our sitter has some sick kids and we don't want him to pull up ill right before going home for Christmas. Anyways, it was time for some experimenting. Right now I have my dress socks on his feet... and legs. They stretch all the way to his upper thighs and look like ugly black tights. Now they are starting to come off but I'm estimating that the amount of time they are staying on is roughly 500% longer than normal. This is a fantastic improvement and now I have a reason to get new socks.

(Dad was right. I would prefer to receive, at a minimum, one comment on a post to feel as though someone out there is still reading. Liam's blog is intended to be interactive and we would love to hear what you think.)

6 comments:

  1. I am glad my socks weren't part of the experiment. However, they would have worked much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the mitten trick, where you have them attached to both ends of a piece of yarn and run it through the jacket sleeves, only run it up one leg of his pants and down another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colin, you use to have footed pjs with extra long sleeves to roll down as you grew and two separate rows of snaps to snap the tops and bottoms together,also that would grow with you. The only thing I had to do was buy the special material to replace the foot bottoms and you could wear one pair for two years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading the blog and look everyday to see what new is going on in the life of the Regan-Merna's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the updates as well,,,you do a great job keeping us informed,,Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd advise against the mitten trick...Bill Cosby has offered some sage advise regarding the adverse effects of this constructs. Buck knows what I'm speaking of...

    ReplyDelete