Friday, May 29, 2009

NEW HOME FOR BABY


A big part of welcoming the new baby will be turning away from my preferred lifestyle of cheap dirty apartments in bad neighborhoods. We have agreed on a new house and had our offered accepted by the sellers. It will mean that we're going to be busy moving in the first weeks that the baby is here but I'm not worried. No matter how busy we are I'll be extremely happy to be moving into a place of our own.

Both grandfathers made the trip down to Rochester today to help us monitor the inspection process which made me feel much more confident. No big suprises were found and we hope to be moving sometime in the middle of July. The house is on Atlantic Ave and is only a two mile drive to work for Jamie.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks like a nice place.

    I see you're right next to the B&O Railroad. Can you hear the trains from here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how long you have waited to get a lawn mower. So tend to that stuff now and later you can build the tree house. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trains have stopped running but that apparently caused the property price to increase slightly from the previous asking price of $260. Because we want to welcome vistors I will still keep the rent at $22 a night.

    (I think Gov is already working on a lawnmower in Potsdam.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful of rolling a 5, Jamie doesn't need you in jail.

    ReplyDelete